Dogs roll on their back when they are happy because it feels nice, to get attention or belly rubs, to show respect and trust, as well as out of submissiveness or fear. In most cases, it is nothing to worry about and is both completely natural and normal.
How do you tell if your dog trusts you?
Their body language is calm and relaxed in your presence
- A slightly open mouth, with a relaxed, lolling tongue.
- Rolling over for a belly rub (this shows they trust you)
- Soft, relaxed facial expression.
- Blinking eyes.
- Tail wagging side to side.
- A “bow” to invite and encourage play.