Wisteria. While the whole wisteria plant is poisonous, the flowers and seeds are the most problematic. Dogs who eat wisteria may be confused, dizzy, nauseated, and have stomach pains and diarrhea. They may also collapse or vomit repeatedly.
Are there any plants that make dogs sick?
Azalea, Buttercups, Chrysanthemums, Gardenias, Gladiolas, Hibiscus, Hyacinth, Hydrangeas, Mums, Primroses, Rhododendrons, and Sweet Peas are popular garden items that are poisonous. That’s just another good reason to keep your dogs away from your neighbor’s award-winning flower bushes.
What plants make dogs hallucinate?
Morning Glory. The seeds of some species of morning glory contain lysergic acid, which is essentially a natural form of LSD. It can cause hallucinations, disorientation, tremors, and gastrointestinal problems in both dogs and cats.
Is Lavender toxic to dogs?
Lavender, the plant, does contain a small amount of a compound called linalool, which is toxic to both dogs and cats. The linalool is found in such small concentrations, however, that this is rarely an issue. Problems arise only if a dog ingests a very large quantity of lavender.
Why does my dog keep eating flowers?
Dogs eating your plants may be frustrating, but there are ways to keep them from doing so. This behavior is common in dogs. Some have assumed this behavior is consistent with pica, which is an urge to eat unusual foods or non-foods. Others believe that it may be a sign of stomach trouble or boredom.
What foods are toxic to dogs?
The following foods may be dangerous to your pet:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Apple seeds.
- Apricot pits.
- Cherry pits.
- Candy (particularly chocolate—which is toxic to dogs, cats, and ferrets—and any candy containing the toxic sweetener Xylitol)
- Coffee (grounds, beans, and chocolate-covered espresso beans)
What garden plants should dogs not eat?
List of plants that can be poisonous to dogs
- Allium species.
- Amaryllis bulbs.
- Asparagus fern.
- Daffodil bulbs.
What are the signs of poisoning in a dog?
The following symptoms may indicate that your dog has been poisoned:
- Nausea and/or vomiting.
- Heart problems.
- Kidney failure.